At the beginning of the year, I made a post with some of my New Year’s Resolutions. I outlined my hopes and dreams for the coming year as well as some specific goals I wanted to accomplish. While it is all good and well to make those goals, sometimes a check-in is needed. Though I didn’t post many specific things on the blog, I definitely journaled about them.
This check-in is prompted by two amazing visits I had over the past couple days. Because of my location, travel, and busy schedule, I often go MONTHS without talking to another music therapist, especially about my practice or myself. On Friday, I had the opportunity to talk business strategy with Kat Fulton and today I had the pleasure of sitting down for coffee with Rachel Rambach. Both are amazing and inspirational people, especially in the world of music therapy. If you haven’t checked them out, I highly recommend doing so! They got me thinking about my goals and what I have on my agenda.
My original goals were growth, balance, and sustainability and I feel like I’ve been doing ok with that. Here are some specifics:
- I have blogged almost every business day this year
- I have put out 2 new songs and several free resources
- I am almost finished reading my third book of the year (and have 3 more on deck thanks to Rachel)
- I will be starting a new class for children and their caregivers along with the possibility of a second class
- I’ve spent more hours in my office
- I’ve been more committed to self-care
- and have gotten quite a bit of wedding planning done.
Overall, not a bad start to the year. However, I feel like I am still limiting myself. I feel like I haven’t been 100% committed to my goals I set. My conversations with Kat and Rachel have really gotten me amped up and excited to do even more. The two phrases that have been scrawled across the top of my journal the past couple days say it all.
“Be You Best!”
“Take Action Now!”
So do it! Take Action Now!
Are there things you want to accomplish this year? What does your best self look like? Let me know what On A Good Note can do to help you achieve your goals and get back on track this year!